There was a shocking incident in Jaipur when members of Karni Sena assaulted and destroyed sets of filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali during shooting of his latest film Rani Padmavati.
According to reports following reasons are surfacing for this violent protest:-
The truth of history based on the Padmavati STORY:-
– Queen Padmavati mainly known as Padmini, was the queen of Chittorgarh.
– Is said that Alauddin Khilji, the ruler of Khilji Dynasty wanted to marry Queen Padmavati.
– She(Queen Padmavati) killed herself along with other women when she came to know that the fort may fall to Khilji and Khilji will force her to marry him
What Sanjay Leela Bhansali showed in movie
– It is reported that the story is plotted keeping Queen Padmavati and Khilji in center of the plot
– Queen Padmavati is shown as beloved of Alauddin Khilji
– Queen Padmavati is shown having intimate scenes with Khilji
“We had earlier requested him (Bhansali) to show us the script which he did not do. We are against distorting of historical facts and we know that he has distorted historical facts” told Vivek Singh of Karni Sena
Cinematic liberties must not be allowed to be used as a tool to propagate blatant lies and later blamed on Bhansali’s inefficient research that led to historical inaccuracies being shown to millions. It is the responsibility of the film-maker, Central Board of Film Certification and also the Ministry of I&B to ensure that truth and only the truth comes out of movies based on personalities of the past – real life heroes or villians.
What are your views? Tell us in comment section