Surat police commissioner held a press conference for reporting the death of 2 people and reported that it was due to consumption of mithanol.
Today 5 more case were registered in which 1 is admitted in Surat civil hospital and 4 other are admitted in Smimer Hospital. Blood samples of the patient were sent for laboratory tests.
All these person was affected by the consumption of poisonous liquor(lathha).
Orders have been issued to arrest the culprits of making such poisonous liquor
Update : 18-01-2017 : One of the patient Prakash Thakor who was admitted in Surat Civil hospital died