Vicks VapoRub is used for treating fever, nasal blockage, and many other ailments. However, the following case will make some people address its utilization, especially parents with small children because it can convey lethal results. One mother from Mexico advises her disaster o caution different guardians and keep away from another person experiencing what she’s living. She lost her 2-year old kid.
She got back from work she entered her kid’s room and once she got close to it in order to kiss the baby, she felt that it had a fever, thus wanted to try a home remedy to ease the fever. She used VapoRub gel and applied it to the baby’s mid-section, back, and under its nose in order to help him relax. She also tucked him up and set down by him. Since she was drained, she nodded off alongside the baby and hours after this she woke up and saw that the baby was not relaxing. Then, she decided to carry the baby and take it to the hospital, but it was pointless. The baby was dead for hours. It deceased due to inflammation in the respiratory tract which has been produced by the camphor contained in the ointment.
This remedy is only effective for adults, but not for babies and younger children. This ointment increases the mucus by 60% which accumulates on the trachea and blocks the breathing. There is a warning on the label that the ointment must not be used for children younger than the age of 3. The label went unnoticed by this poor mother.
Using home remedies is a common thing around the world, but not all of them are suitable for small children. The labels must always be read and experts need to be advised before using any home remedy. A simple mistake must not take our loved ones.